Saturday, 25 February 2012

THE JOURNEY FROM MBA TO PRINT TO THE WORLD TO DIGITAL MARKETING


 Its been a while since I wrote my last blog. Since its a lazy Saturday, I thought why not give my blog something new. So here its is. The journey of my changing fields.

I started my journey of MBA from the first day thinking I would join print media. I had taken up marketing for the sole reason to fulfill this desire. And as luck would be, I did get placed in starting of my fourth semester. But the happiness grew bounds and leaps when I got placed in the best print media company, The Times Of India.
I started my career thinking, this is going to last at least couple of years, but I think God had other plans. Barely 6 months into my job and I got married and had to move to Mumbai. It was totally a new city, new people, new atmosphere, in short everything just changed. It took me nothing less than 4 months to get used to the city and its lifestyle. Though I had started applying for jobs, as destiny would have it, I became a part of the Ethinos family.
I had come out from formal clothes to a laid back environment. Things had change drastically for me. The work of a digital marketer is very different from a marketer. I used to think that you only sit online and get paid to be on all the social networking sites, but I was taken for a toss. You are not only sitting online, but you are representing a number of people. You have to be up to date with the information, have a thorough knowledge of what you are posting, and mostly you are responsible. When this comes you automatically tend to straighten your back and work through it. You have to be creative, interactive and know how to respond to the people. Phew!
I was taken by surprise by the amount of effort and spunk you require to be in this field. I had my myths and I was more than happy to clear them out myself. Though my office is one of the coolest places to be, that doesn’t mean that we don’t work. You are the most productive when you have no pressures and stress to bear, and my job, not only gives me space, but also gives me freedom to be myself and be creative.
Though it has been just 02 months of me joining here, and I’m still learning but the best part of being in a job like this is that you enjoy your work. So looking ahead for a great social and digital 2012!! J

No comments:

Post a Comment